Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Whisk(e)y Wednesday 2026-07-29

Whisk(e)y Wednesday time yet again. I pulled out a random sample to try blind and see what I thought.

The nose - minty, brown sugar, spearmint. It feels a bit sharp, touch of cherry too. I'm thinking bourbon or rye... more thinking rye with the mint, but unsure - seems low-ish proof, around 45% ABV or so. The taste is brown sugar, minty, bit of spice. Taste feels more rye so I'll lock that in - feels young too. The finish has a nice spice that lingers along with a good heat.

With water, this seems more minty, the taste is sweeter and more plain. The finish gets a bit more heat. This seems like a fairly standard rye, and I'll stick to 45% ABV. I'll give it 3.25/5.0 - feels pretty middle of the road.

Tonight I was drinking Green River Kentucky Straight Bourbon, 45% ABV. Right on proof - wrong on Rye, heh. This was a sample from a friend and I had not rated it before. It costs around $35 - but at that price point there does seem to be things I like better to buy before this one. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment