Time for another random sample Whisk(e)y Wednesday - here we go...
On the nose, I get campfire, ash, brine... I am getting some floral too, but it's in the back. The taste is sweet up front, charred wood, charred fruit, charred meat and some heat. Lots of char for sure. The finish is heat at first, then brine, charred oak ... maybe some mint too?
With water, everything to toned down a bit, seems more floral on the nose with some more bbq as well, taste seems sweeter, finish still has the char but I think the mint zing is more present. Overall this is enjoyable, I'd rate it a 4.0/5.0 very good, but not quite great... seems around 50% ABV. If I was going to guess, I'm betting it's one of the Ardbeg One-Offs that I have bought over the years.
This was the Ardbeg Scorch Single Malt from 2021, 46% ABV. I rated this a 3.5/5.0 during 2021 24 Days of Whisk(e)y ... so it looks like I enjoyed it a bit more tonight, or it had more competition back in 2021 (: Either way - I'm not seeing this one again, so it was nice to revisit, cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment