Whisk(e)y Wednesday time ... a random sample from the collection, let's see what we have tonight.
On the nose - this seems pretty laid back. I get some cherry and molasses, some alcohol in the back, but not too much so I'm guessing around 45% ABV. This feels finished, but not exactly sure in what. It might just be from the color - which has some red hue to it. The taste is woody and cinnamon, with some burnt sugar as well. The finish is cherry and vanilla with some cinnamon in the back. Almost feels like Wild Turkey 101, although I'm getting some spearmint too.
Water doesn't seem to change things too much, about the same really. It's fine, but not great. Guessing a mid priced, 45%-ish proof bourbon, and I'll rate it 3.5/5.0.
So this was the Woodford Reserve Double Oak. I had this during 24 Days of Whisk(e)y 2025, and I rated it a 3.75/5.0 for that and I thought it was an Irish Whiskey ... at least I got that part right tonight (:. 45.2% ABV - so I was on those nose for that too. Until next week, cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment