Here we are yet again ... Whisk(e)y Wednesday ... random sample, blind tasting, you know the drill (:
On the nose, I get malt and honey, a slight touch of sulfur in back, apple, vanilla ... even some molasses. At first I thought Irish - but I'm leaning towards unpeated Scotch. The taste ... apple, honey, with some spicy petter. The finish is honey, vanilla and malt.
With water, this is more fruity on the nose. It also feels a little more spicy on the taste and finish. Overall this is pretty good, but also a bit simple. I do think it's a fairly low proof Scotch, maybe a Compass Box blend, and I'll rate it 3.75/5.0 tonight.
This was the AnCnoc, 12 Year Highland Single Malt, 43% ABV. I had this during 2024 24 Days of Whisk(e)y and rated it a 4.0/5.0 that evening. It's pretty good, but I doubt I'd pick up another bottle.
No comments:
Post a Comment