Whisk(e)y Wednesday yet again ... let's see what our random sample is this time (:
On the nose, malty and fruity ... almost artificially fruity. This carries over to the taste... seems like grape jelly or such? The finish ... more fruit (:
I don't think I have any in the random samples, but all that grape reminds me of Eagle Rare - though this seems way too malty so most likely an American Single Malt or possibly an Irish. With water ... everything just seems more and more fruit.
Overall, this feels a little flat and one note - I do think it's an American Single Malt, probably around 45% ABV, maybe even lower. I'll rate it a 3.25/5.0 tonight. This was the Stranahan's Diamond Peak Single Malt, 45% ABV. I had this during 2025 24 Days of Whisk(e)y, and this one is Batch No 2, Aged between 5 - 8 years and then finished in Extra Anejo Tequila Casks for 2 years. Distilled in Denver, Colorado. I rated it 3.5/5.0 previously and thought I might like it better on a different night, but it doesn't look like it, cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment