On the nose, this is sharp at first, but I do get some sweet and some fruit as well. Maybe apple or pear? The taste, minty, sweet orange marmalade ... I think I get a hint of matchstick as well. The finish, fruity that clings and stays. It hangs around for some time.
With water, the nose gets more sharp, and maybe a hint of the matchstick too. I am getting some malt. The taste is still sweet, and the finish is similar. I'm going to guess this is an unpeated Scotch or maybe an American Single Malt... maybe around 50%. I'll rate it a 4.0/5.0 tonight.
This was Teeling Single Grain Irish Whiskey, matured in California Cabernet Sauvignon wine barrels, 46% ABV. I had this during 24 Days of Whisk(e)y 2024, and rated it a 3.5/5.0 that night, so I was in the right mood for this one tonight, Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment