Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Whisk(e)y Wednesday 2026-09-09

Whisk(e)y Wednesday Time - random sample, let's see what I think.

On the nose, this is peaty, phenol, rubber... this is my type of whisky for sure. The taste, I get sweet bqq meat, savory. The finish, sweet bbq meat, some ash, hot pepper, lingers nicely. I'd guess this is mid proof, 50% ABV or so, and I am thinking peated Scotch.

With water, there seems to be more proof and pepper on the nose, sweeter taste, and a hotter finish. I am enjoying this, I'll rate it a 4.25/5.0 ... I'll guess it's a one off Ardbeg.

Turns out it was the Port Askaig 110 Proof, no age statement. I had this during 24 Days of Whisk(e)y 2025 and rated it a 4.0 that night. Pretty tasty stuff, might have to pick up another bottle sometime. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment