Wednesday, June 17, 2026

Whisk(e)y Wednesday 2026-06-17

Whisk(e)y ... WEDNESDAY!!!

Random sample time - let's see what we have this evening. On the nose, I get hits of orange, malt, a touch of sulfur I think - but just a touch and some vanilla. The taste I get orange, malt, some black pepper and vanilla. The finish is malty and vanilla. This feels maybe mid proof, around 50% ABV I would guess, and my first hunch is Scotch, maybe something like Compass Box Glasgow Blend.

With water, the nose is very similar, but more sweet. The taste is more sweet too but feels more plain as well. On the finish I now get a touch of sulfur. Overall this is pretty nice.. I almost gave it a 4.0/5.0 - but I'll call it a 3.75/5.0 instead. 

Turns out we were drinking Ardnamurchan Highland Single Malt Whisky, 46.8% ABV. I did almost scream "SCOTCH!" so I'm glad I got that part right (: Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment