Wednesday, June 3, 2026

Whisk(e)y Wednesday 2026-06-03

Back from vacation - time for another Whisk(e)y Wednesday, so here goes another random sample.

On the nose, peaty, rubber, phenol ... the nose is very nice, I could just sniff this all night long. It seems very Ardbeg - it's sweet too. The taste is sweet bbq along with the char and ash and peat. This has to be an Ardbeg. It seems a bit high proof so many it's a Cask Strength Committee Release. 

The finish is heat and sweet with smoke in the back. With water, the nose is similar though it may have more char. The taste is very sweet then more char. The finish is spicy and nice. This is really good and I would rate it 4.25/5.0.

Well, it is an Ardbeg... but not a Committee Release. It's Ardbeg Wee Beastie - Aged 5 Years, 47.4% ABV. This one keeps surprising me how good it is when I have it blind. I really need to pick up a new bottle (:

No comments:

Post a Comment