Wednesday, June 10, 2026

Whisk(e)y Wednesday 2026-06-10

Another random sample for Whisk(e)y Wednesday - let's see what we have tonight.

On the nose, this is honey, mint, malt ... fairly mild. I would lean Irish, maybe an American Single Malt ... I suppose possibly a non-peated Scotch. Seems pretty low ABV on the nose, 90ish proof I'm guessing. The taste is bright-citrus with some spice too. The finish is malty, honey, cereal, fruit on the back end... I don't think it's apple, but maybe? I'm thinking maybe *not* Irish, hmm.

With water, the nose is still minty, with floral and honey too. The taste and finish seem more mild and malty. My final thought is this will be a middle of the road Irish - lower proof, maybe even 40% ABV as that's a popular point for Irish Whiskies. Tonight I would rate this a 3.5/5.0 - it's good but not great.

Turns out this was Compass Box, Glasgow Blend, Blended Scotch Whisky, 43% ABV, no color added, non-chill filtered. I originally had this in 2024's 24 Days of Whisk(e)y and at that time I rated it 3.75/5.0, so in the same ball park... cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment