On the nose, this is malty, some floral, spearmint, seems young, not too high in proof either. The taste... malt, some wood, molasses, spicy ... cherry? The finish I certainly get cherry, sweet, syrup, spice that lingers. I'm getting American Single Malt vibes from this, but it could be Irish as well ... I don't think it's a Scotch.
With water, the nose is more tame with some fruit showing up mostly. The taste seems more cherry and more wood. The finish ... more wood as well. I'm going to guess this is ASM, around 45% ABV, and I'll rate it 3.5/5.0 - It's fine, but nothing special.
Tonight I was drinking Stranahan's Original Colorado Single Malt Whiskey. This is 100% malted barley, double distilled in copper pot stills and aged in virgin American Oak casks. 47% ABV, no age statement. I had this back during 2024's 24 Days of Whisk(e)y and rated it a 3.75/5.0 at that time. It sells for $50 here in Oregon, maybe I'll pick up another bottle sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment