Whisk(e)y Wednesday time... I grabbed a random sample and will give it a spin.
On the nose, this is punchy... I get molasses, sweet, brown sugar, some fruit, seems high proof. The taste I get the molasses and fruit, along with some wood... second sip seems more dry. I am finding some chocolate and maybe a rye spice, which is leaning me to think this is a rye, not a bourbon. The finish I have coca cola, mint, some rye with a sweet that lingers. I get wood on the finish too.
With water, the nose is sweeter, and easier - not as proofy. The taste is sweeter, more woody for sure. Finish is wood with a sweet that lingers... I'm still leaning towards a high proof rye around 60% that might have some age on it too. I occasionally get a bit of an odd note that I can't quite place, and then it fades. Overall I am enjoying this and I'll rate it a 3.75/5.0 tonight.
Turns out we were drinking FEW Bottled In Bond Straight Rye Whiskey, 50% ABV. I had this back during 2024's 24 Days of Whisk(e)y and at that time I rated it 3.5/5.0. I was getting some licorice that night from this that I wasn't getting this evening. It's nice to revisit something after a while and see if you're thoughts have changed ... cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment